Have you ever clicked on Microsoft Lync 2010 (communicator) only to find out that nothing happens? I am not exactly sure what is causing it, but I have noticed that If I start Outlook 2010 first before Lync 2010, Lync 2010 does not like it.
If you look at your task manager, you’ll see that the communicator.exe*32 processes are backlogged. Try killing these processes and launching Lync again. Hopefully it’ll work. It my case, it definitely worked. Good luck.
Learn new Office tricks and tips everyday, checkout TimeTo365.com where customers of Microsoft Office are sharing their favorite tips. Here are some of the favorites presented by Doug Thomas:
Template Library Increase your productivity right off the bat by using templates.
Smart Guides Perfectly align shapes and images in a presentation by customizing color using smart guides
Outlook Unfinished emails are saved in Drafts and all drafts are clearly visible in your inbox
Outlook New Weather bar in Outlook that shows you a 3-day forecast
Word PDF Reflow You can convert PDF documents into editable Word documents
- Ignore Conversations in Outlook
- Wedge Mouse – didn’t know something like that exists!
- Excel 2013 Insert Live Chart – gives you a nice preview of what your chart would look like before actually creating one
- Instant Math in OneNote – gotta love OneNote
- Templates with Instructions
- Excel Surveys in Office Web Apps – this looks similar to a google spreadsheet form
- Copy Docs in Program
- Get Windows Surface RT with Office 2013
- Office Web Apps + SkyDrive in Windows Explorer – Download Skydrive for windows
- PDF reflow in Word 2013 – take a PDF and make it editable
Got any more? Leave me a message below.