Have you ever clicked on Microsoft Lync 2010 (communicator) only to find out that nothing happens? I am not exactly sure what is causing it, but I have noticed that If I start Outlook 2010 first before Lync 2010, Lync 2010 does not like it.
If you look at your task manager, you’ll see that the communicator.exe*32 processes are backlogged. Try killing these processes and launching Lync again. Hopefully it’ll work. It my case, it definitely worked. Good luck.
- Ignore Conversations in Outlook
- Wedge Mouse – didn’t know something like that exists!
- Excel 2013 Insert Live Chart – gives you a nice preview of what your chart would look like before actually creating one
- Instant Math in OneNote – gotta love OneNote
- Templates with Instructions
- Excel Surveys in Office Web Apps – this looks similar to a google spreadsheet form
- Copy Docs in Program
- Get Windows Surface RT with Office 2013
- Office Web Apps + SkyDrive in Windows Explorer – Download Skydrive for windows
- PDF reflow in Word 2013 – take a PDF and make it editable
Got any more? Leave me a message below.
Outlook 2010: The profile name you have entered already exists. Please enter a different profile name
If you are wondering why you are getting this message even after removing the profile from the Control Panel>Mail, then the most likely cause is because it is still being used by another application such as Office Communicator. Try logging out and completely exiting office communicator and then create the profile with the same name again. It worked in my case.
Until next time